Friday, September 4, 2009

Busy, Busy

August flew by, not sure where it went. It buzzed past me in a whirlwind. This gardening stuff is very time consuming. Watering by hand, because we are on city water and pay for it, takes 2 hrs. We've had 20 days of over 90 degree heat. In that heat, I have to water everything every day. Add the harvesting, and the cooking from scratch.....I discovered my days are centered around feeding the family. What happened??? Because of our holistic approach to eating, I imagine. Next thing I'll be raising chickens for eggs. This is the little house with the white picket fence, where I get to be a stay at home mom. I never dreamed it would be for a child with special needs who needs alot of supervision.

With Dave losing his job last October, and also our health benefits....I am now campaigning in my own way for Universal Health care. So, a portion of my time is devoted to reading and learning, and posting on my Face Book. I was afraid of doing this. I don't want to push people away or offend them, but God has made me fearless in this endeavor. I have a few friends who support this and that's all the encouragement I've needed.

I used to use my blog on Multiply in a more thoughtful way. With this blog, I discovered using pictures. In the future I hope to incorporate the two a bit more.

Desi starts school on Tuesday. I am so happy! The bus picks her up at 7 am and drops her at 12:50. That's almost 6 hrs a day of freedom! I can make jam starting next week! I love my girl to death. I also love my free time. This summer I had mostly girl, and free time was a huge luxury I didn't get but a few times. I think I might miss her a bit about the second or third week in.

Mr. Hoffman is finally employed full time. We should have health benefits in 3 months. I will never forget the fear factor of David knowing his meds were going to run out and not knowing how to get more. God was good, and we found out that he doesn't need meds, he just needs to eat right. But I pray for those who have to choose what to go without each month in order to buy their medicine.

I'm also excited that life will return to normal, and I won't have to pinch every penny twice very soon. I made a game of it, but at times, it was tiring.

The camera has been packed away since our last camping trip. I'm getting a new phone soon with a camera and a chip that will load directly into my computer. A Sprint upgrade. I am excited about it.

Well, laundry need folding, there's a bucket of plums looking at me and more to pick from the tree. Blackberries need picking. Life awaits....

1 comment:

  1. So that's where you've been. Whew, I tired just thinking about it! Gardening and canning are LOTS of hard work, but according to my dad, so worth the effort. Being a Nomad has curtailed my gardening bug. I'm hoping we can plant a little plot next summer when no moving will be taking place.

    ReplyDelete