Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Some new words to live by

Kent Keith - People Are Often Unreasonable

People are often unreasonable, illogical, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway.
If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway.
If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies;
Succeed anyway.
If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you;
Be honest and frank anyway.
What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight;
Build anyway.
If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous;
Be happy anyway.
The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow;
Do good anyway.
Give the world the best you have and it may just never be enough;
Give the world the best you have anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it's all between you and God;
It was never between you and them anyway.



I SOOOOOO need these words, especially the last ones, to remind me that it's ALL GOD, and has nothing to do with the other person. Just like I'm given gifts in the people chosen for my life, I am also given lessons and hurdles in others. IT's so much easier to give thanks for the gifts, and use BLAME for the hurdles. I might just tack this to the wall somewhere.

3 comments:

  1. We all need to tack it front and center! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that! My biggest problem is that I get my feelings hurt, then in explaining why they were mean, I get sinful. Better to let it roll off our backs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't tell you how much this is helping me. whenever I feel an old resentment, I say to myself, it's not about THEM....it's between me and God. What a great buffer....and a good way to look at what I'm suppose to be learning.

    ReplyDelete