Thursday, August 26, 2010

only 2 more weeks...

til school starts! We are counting down, both the girl and I. So much of my life is spent WRITING, and I can't get my thoughts out with the constant distraction. I participate regularly on recovery blogs, and work on my own recovery at the same time. I process my life when I write, and it's been a long summer with not much processing going on.

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of garden work. Harvesting, and the past week, getting a winter garden in order. Every day I transplant leeks that I started from seed. Who knew every seed would sprout in that package. It's a huge job, that I'm doing a bit at a time. I'm learning. Nothing is on fire, everything will keep, and I can do these things at a pace that my life can handle. Atleast til school starts!

I feel so content in my garden. Now I know why my 93 yr old Grandma H refuses to stop gardening. It provides so much satisfaction, get me in touch with the Earth and God, giving me time to think. Unlike my child who just walked in, and will be demanding my time. I may as well go before she steals the mouse. (one downfall of having a wireless mouse).

Later......

2 comments:

  1. It's not just a 5-6 year old that steals the mouse...we are back to a mice with tails:) Do you remember Grma Browns fenced in flower garden? I think that was her haven of sorts. For me its my raspberry therapy in the patch, I just love it. School starts Wed. ahhhh here also, these teenagers keep me distracted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just had a short row of peas, and some not so grand flowers this year. Maybe that is why I'm in a funk. I didn't get my gardening fix this past summer.

    ReplyDelete