Saturday, May 23, 2009

Gluten Free Blueberry(Strawberry) Buckle

This is one of the best gluten free reciepes I've used. Normally I use frozen blueberries, but it tastes great with fresh strawberries as well.

Topping:
1/4 c sugar
1 tbsp brown rice flour
1/4 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp butter

Body:
1 c. basic glutenfree mix (2/3 c rice flour, the rest potato starch with a tbsp of tapioca flour. A comination of these 3 flours makes for a good texture)
1/2 c sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp xanthan gum
pincc hof salt
2 tbsp butter
1 egg
1/2 c milk
1/2 tsp vanilla
2/3 c frozen blueberries


Preheat the over to 350F. Lightly grease an 8 in sqare baking pan.

Topping: mix sugar, brown rice flour and cinnamon. Using a fork, pinch in the butter until you have a course crumbly texture.

Body: Mix the dry ingredients. Pinch in the butter. Beat the wet ingredients together and mix into the dry. fold in the blueberries. Scrape into the pan, spinkle on the topping, and bake for 25 minutes.



Okay....I'm a "throw it together" kind of cook, and that's what I did today. And I used olive oil instead of butter in the cake. And I substitued fresh strawberries. It was YUMMMY! Next time I plan on using splenda to see how it works. I usually take a good reciepe and start tweeking it to fit our lifestyle, so far this is a winner.

No comments:

Post a Comment