Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Starting the Garden

First we had to come up with a plan and buy all the materials. Then Dave pounded the fence posts while I was at Dance with Desirae. Roy helped. The garden is 65 ft long and 20 ft wide. Our neighbors graciously let us use there fence for one side. I'm sure they won't mind if we share come harvest time, and we will!


I didn't get pictures of us digging the holes, because I was helping (Dave did the HARD work). Notice the rock in the picture and the mounds of dirt. The rest of the rocks when back in the holes and Dave poured concrete around the posts. Our gate is going between the wooden posts. Digging out the rock is the majority of the work. We have deer (the reason for the fence) and lots of rock(the reason we'll be making raised garden beds).


Mr. Hoffman is making sure the posts are straight.


Dave and Roy cleaning up,


And putting everything away. Rain is coming soon.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! That is alot of work!! Look how green your grass is! I love your huge pine tree--I have an affection for pine trees. It looks like you have a nice view. Would love to see the view out your kitchen window!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's all looking good. Everything takes so much work when you have that many rocks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dave only works for a few hours at a time digging those rock! It's back breaking work. We have a "digger bar" that we use to pry the rock out. It's so heavy I can barely use it. The yard has gotten a lot of attention since Dave has been unemployed.

    I'd love to see your yards as well!

    ReplyDelete