Thursday, June 25, 2009

My Passion


The garden gate from a distance....(click on the picture to enlarge)

The lettuce and beets. The compost pile behind it. I'm learning about lettuce. There's new lettuce coming up right now. The older stuff is getting bitter. And I'm planning on planting another row soon.

The onions and radishes and another row of beets just coming up.

Tomatoes, carrots and radishes.

Peas, carrots and bell peppers.

Hot peppers and tomotoes.

Green beans
If you look close you will see a baby tomato. The all have little ones setting right now.

The spinach picture disappeared in my attempts to blog, and I was not going to start over to get it in the correct spot. Rest assured there is spinach and cilantro. And we have a few volunteer sunflowers as well.


4 comments:

  1. Great garden. We had lettuce and onions last night from ours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You come by your passion honestly! I wish my parents had gardened the way Your and our grandparents did and your parents! You have a very nice yard! I'd love to swing but I get sick so I'd just love to push some little blond sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Grandma H was the gardener. She STILL makes her dill pickles at 92. Mom is helping out way more now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The garden is beautiful. I bet the bounty is TASTEY!
    Hey, I like the new blog name. Very appropriate. I sense you are really starting to plant some roots on your rocky hill.

    ReplyDelete