Monday, June 1, 2009

Desirae's Hair Cut

The right side----not bad.

I love the left side. It lays perfectly.

We just washed toothpaste from her bangs, so they are a little wet, and looking very wispy in the middle.


The back has a nice wave this time.


This haircut has been trial and error. Mom (me) doesn't quite know how to cut it, and girl squirms A LOT. This is the 3rd time, and I'm finally getting it. It's called an "A-line". I love the short back for Desirae, who cries when her hair needs brushed out. I love the longer, more feminine front. I think it looks cute on her. I took the plunge first. A year ago, I cut off the long stuff, and then in Dec I went really short with this haircut. I used what I could gather from my own cut to do on Desirae's hair. Hers is more extreme with a longer front.

I've always used my kids as guinea pigs. My challenge when Nick was this age was the "mushroom" cut. Remember? the bottom shaved and the top left longer ---- and variations of the cut. It's always fun, especially the first time when you have no idea how it's going to turn out.

4 comments:

  1. WOW and wow! you did a great job!! A salon wouldn't have done any better I'm sure. I have always cut our kids and Jon's hair, saves so much time and money--I don't like the clean up but now if they want a hair cut the deal is you clean it up, works for the most part!

    ReplyDelete
  2. With 2 long hired cats and a dog and a kid in the house, clean up is the least of my worries. It's almost like "why bother"!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brenda, you do great work! You are going to have to teach me how to cut longer hair. The only cut I know is the military one, and now that my boys like to wear their hair longer it is a challenge. I am very impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alexis is wearing the same style. She gets to go to a stylist when my sister isn't around (I cut it too short a few times). I do most of the cutting on Kevan and William still. It can be challenging with William, but it would be even worse trying to get him to behave at a salon.

    ReplyDelete