Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

It's been 9 whole years since I moved in with David. This year feels special to me for some reason. I think it's because we are home. Last year I was still unpacking and feeling quite unfamiliar. This year it feels better, and I have my house and my GARDEN!

We were actually married on Mar. 12 2005 at Grace Lutheran in Sebeka, MN. But niether of us remember that date. It comes and goes, and we might recall it a month later. We had always picked this date, July 28 but, it came too late the year we decided we needed to officially tie the knot. Dave's parents were married on 7-27, mine on 7-29, and it was this time of year that I moved in with Dave.

The second day of living with Dave, it was decided that I needed a car. I had a good down payment, but no credit. He signed for my brand new Ford Focus. That was all the committment I needed to give him my heart! No one had ever done something that huge for me before. And he continues to do these things for me, with us working as team to get things done and accomplish goals. It's a really awesome thing when two people work together with the same goal, and the same moral compass. Last night he watered for me, and then did the dishes.

The most awesome part is knowing how much I'm loved. David is God's love to me in person. How else do you describe the unconditonal love of a spouse?

2 comments:

  1. I left a comment but it didn't register, frustration cuz I'm sure I had so many really nice things to say!! Oh well, ENJOY your special day with your special guy!! Committed love, how sweet it is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! Yes, marriage is lots of (sometimes really hard) working together, and the fruits of this labor are the sweetest of all.

    ReplyDelete